We all like simple-but-successful things we can do to our blog right now to improve it. I’m amazed sometimes that most blogs don’t accomplish these two:
- Make sure it is brain-dead easy and lightning fast to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Give readers an “offer they cannot refuse” to sign up for your mailing list.
I have been on plenty of blogs where I literally have to hunt around and figure out how to sign up for their email list, only to figure out sometimes they don’t have one! I guess that’s fine if your goal is to never have a successful blog.
If new readers cannot figure out how to get on your email list in half a nanosecond – that’s really quick for your non-geeks – then you need to change it. There is a ton of competition out there and making your readers work hard to give YOU permission to contact THEM is a sure-fire way to never build up a loyal audience.
Which brings me to point number two. You can make it brain-dead simple and greased-lightning quick to sign up, but if you don’t give them a reason to, they won’t. Everyone wants you to get on their email list these days. So if you don’t have an “offer they can’t refuse” then you’ll have “an offer the CAN refuse.”
At Linky Blog, when you sign up on my email-subscriber list you get:
- 200+ world-class blogging tips delivered via email, one every couple of days. These are lessons learned and tips I’ve compiled over two decades of blogging.
- A free eBook on how to write and produce high-quality eBooks (“Writing, Designing, Publishing, Marketing, and Automating a World-Class eBook“). I’ve produced a couple dozen so I know what I’m doing.
- You also get a Free WordPress Blog that’s too much to describe in one sentence but you can read about it here if you want.
Don’t let that overwhelm you. I go for overkill on my offer and I’ve been doing this a long time. Consider your audience, their interests, and the best of what you can offer them. Entice them with that to get them to sign up on your email-subscriber list.
Remember, there are three priorities to build a successful blog: content, products, and your email list. Everything else is just window dressing.
That’s two quick things you can do right now that are sure-fire winners for any blog.
What are your questions for me?
PS: WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS FOR ME? Ask here. Want to book me for training, speaking or business consulting? Go here. If you benefitted from this post, would you be so kind to share this post with others by clicking one of the SHARE buttons?
Have you seen the EPIC BOOK? Over 400 big pages packed with tips, tricks, instruction and lessons learned from 15+ of blogging and being online. Click here for some more information...